Thursday, September 29, 2005

filmi baap!

One tends to get very crazy ideas when there is nothing much to do. I have been watching a lot of Bollywood movies lately and in most of them, the lead "actor" is the son of some past actor. Now, this is no surprise anymore, Bollywood is less of an industry and more of a family affair these days. Anyway, I am not here to talk about this family affair, it's not very interesting. What I noticed was, the initial movie(s) for most of these guys was always promoted or produced or directed by their dads, which is again no surprise.

Now, after watching a lot of these movies I wondered, if one had to choose one of these dads as his own dad, whom would he go for? I know what you are thinking, what kind of weird question is that? I got the same reaction from some of my friends. Well, look at it this way. Whenever you think of a person, an image comes in your mind based on how you perceive him and in this case, the perception comes from the kind of movies one has acted in or made or the kind of person media had made out of him. So, when I think of Dharamendra or our Dharam paaji, I get an image of this macho punjab da puttar who probably grew up drinking bowls of milk and eating loads of butter. Or take Jitendra who is like this honest, dull and boring guy. Now based on the image I have of these actors and the kind of movies they made to launch their kids, I tried to reason who would be an ideal dad.

Now, there are tens of such dads to choose from, Amitabh, Dharamendra, Suresh Oberoi, Rakesh Roshan, Jitendra, Feroz Khan, Vinod Khanna, the list goes on and on and on. After going through each one of these potential dads (Naah! I would say just 3 or 4, I am not that lukkha), I finally settled upon Feroz Khan. I won’t go into details why I reasoned out others but I will tell you why I decided to go with Mr.Khan.

Firstly, he is one of the most stylish men in the industry, pretty outspoken and bold in his approach, doesn’t give a damn what people think. During his younger days, he has acted with the best (read the sexiest) female cast of his time which includes Mumtaz, Saira Bano, Rekha, Zeenat Amaan and others. And now comes the best part, launching his son. The movie was Prem Agan, which is among the top 5 on my “Worst Movies Ever” list. But I am not here to talk about movie credentials, it’s about Fardeen and I am sure he had a great time working opposite his female lead. And then came Janasheen where again Celina didn’t care much about wearing clothes and Fardeen wouldn’t have mind either, after all, papa says that’s what the movie demands. Now, would he not be the coolest dad?

You may or may not quite agree, which is fine. But if you are not doing much these days, get crazy and choose your filmi baap, after all, one doesn’t get to do that every day.

Disclaimer: This was just a random crazy thought; I think I already have the coolest dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home