Thursday, September 29, 2005

Five Pegs Down!

I got up this morning with a severe headache, wondering why, why did I drink so much last night? It was about having self control. I could have stopped at one, but no, I was in control and thought one more wouldn't harm. And with each drink I was getting more and more in control and before I knew, I was down five pegs!!

I went home, straight to the wash basin, and threw up. It did hurt watching my thousand bucks go down the drain and I realized, it really was all about control, the only difference being, it wasn't I but the alcohol which was controlling me, but alas, the realization came too late.

The thing is, the more I drink, the more conscious I get. Conscious, not to the extent that I stop behaving stupid, something you get a license for when you are drunk (Oh, I do that, what's the fun drinking and not getting drunk?), but conscious, about being under control of all my thoughts and actions. For example, people get concerned if I would be able to drive, which is a genuine concern, after all, I have to drive some of them home. My reply is quick, "I am fine". Now, I don't lie there, I can drive safely when drunk, or at least I like to believe I can (so what if the cops few months back thought otherwise and slapped me two thousand in fine for drunken driving). And this belief comes from me getting conscious and keeps me going.

And the journey continues, I know it's not very safe, but now is not the time I want to worry about it. Till then, maybe I will stop at Four, rather than being Five Pegs Down!

4 Comments:

Blogger Pankaj Jain said...

Even after the morning after you are still not making much sense to me :). Though its great that you have started blogging. Bon voyage

4:24 AM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger Nilesh said...

Are you also part of the club who have quit like Varun and others? :)

4:31 AM, September 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The thing is, the more I drink, the more conscious I get..."..very true dude ...!:) just saw ur blog ......nice read.. so 5 pegs down with smirnoff ? :)

11:44 PM, October 03, 2005  
Blogger Nilesh said...

Naa....left that a along time back.....its Bacardi for a long time now!

2:33 AM, October 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home