Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Back!!

Finally, I resume after an year or so. I had just been busy in my own little selfish world, or call it plain laziness on my part! Again, I don't know how often I would be writing but will try. Thanks to Federer (Roger Federer? Tennis player?? World No.1???), after reading his blogs on ATP site, I was inspired to start again about the funny world out there.

Past one year has been very mixed, had good times and my share of bad times (which always seem to out do the good times!), have certain regrets, been optimistic, broke and been broken, still optimistic about few things! But life moves on and so do I and so does the world.

Of the few things I would remember about the past months was my visit to Lahore in Feb '06. Some official work, but ended up spending most of the time sight seeing and shopping (DVDs, clothes), eating (still miss those delicious Kababs I had at Food Street and my visit to Coco's Cafe overlooking Badshahi Mosque). And the biggest moment, watching India and Pakistan cricket teams play live at the Gadaffi Stadium (courtesy my client) and see India WIN!!!

The whole experience was so humbling, the love, the care they showed us made me feel so small, so stupid and so angry; what are the governments fighting for, some false pride?? Standing at the Lahore side of Wagah border, I could see people moving in and out with their suitcases in their hands, like they just crossed the road, just moved into a friends place! It was beautiful, just beautiful! And that was the memory I wanted to take back home and share with my friends!

I was also away in London for a few months this year, made a few new friends, met some old ones. Don't really feel like writing much about that trip or I would be late again for office tomorrow like always! Maybe, if I have the time and energy, I will pen that down too! Lots of pictures too, will try to upload a few soon.

This is where I stop today. Will be back soon with something interesting, or not so interesting, it is really a funny world out there, just keep looking for those lighter moments!!

1 Comments:

Blogger himanshu agrawal said...

nice to c u back nilu dear..

11:42 AM, October 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home